If you are in Crete only for one day and you want to visit the main Heraklion sites and then out of the city to a biological Winery for wine tasting then this tour it’s made for you. In this family- run biological winery, which is located at 340 meters above the sea level, you will have the chance of tasting 5 different kinds of local wine.
Biological wine is of course made without any chemicals and added sulfates, but let’s learn more about this and local traditions during the tour!
What we like more about this experience is that gives us the chance to show our clients our passion about our hometown and nature at the same as we head out of Heraklion to visit the Biological winery and visit the old traditional village of Archanes.
We are open of course to customize the tour on your wishes and needs.
- Picking up from your hotel , cruise terminal or an address arranged before.
- Visit Knossos Palace (1:15 min)
- Visit Archeological Museum (1:15 min)
- Visit Lion square, St Minas cathedral and walking through the old Market. (45 min)
- Visit the harbor and the Koule castle (30 min)
- Drive to the Biological Winery in Meleses and taste 5 different local wines (1:45 min)
- Drive to the old traditional village of Archanes (30 min)
- Enjoy Cretan traditional lunch at the local Taverna in Archanes (1 hour)
- Time to go back to where we started or another arranged before address (30 min)
Meeting point + Tour duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: The Tour usually start from the hotel, cruise terminal or any other address arranged before.
Duration: 8 hours
Usually, this tour lasts around 8 hours.
- Liability insurance
- Private transportation
- Soft drinks, coffees, fresh juices are included
- Entrance fee at Knossos Archaeological museum (18 euro per person)
- Five different local wines (15 euro per person)
- Official guide needed for the Archaeological site
- Lunch and souvenirs