Richtis Gorge is located in Eastern Crete and starts at the traditional village of Exo Mouliana at an altitude of 350 m above sea level with a length of around 5 km from the top to the beach.
It has very rich vegetation, old bridges, old water mills and of course Richtis waterfall around 20 m high.
- We start our tour by picking you up from your hotel or the address you have given us around the Heraklion area (if the address or hotel given is far away from Heraklion then it will be an extra charge depending on how far away it is)
- Then we head towards the gorge with a few stops on the way to enjoy the beautiful views. (from Heraklion it takes around 1:40 min drive to get there)
- We start our hike from the Lachana bridge and walk down the gorge (around 1 hour) to the waterfall stay there for around 30-40 min then start our walk back to where we started (some times we walk down to the beach and then back up or we can bring the car on the beach so you don’t have to walk back up)
- After our hike we will be stopping at a local traditional taverna for our lunch with amazing views then we visit a 3000-year-old olive tree in Kavousi village. This olive tree is a natural monument and protected by the government.
- After we head towards the City of Ag Nikolaos and walk around the salty lake or have a look at the local shops.
- Then it’s time to hit the road and go back to where we started.
Meeting point + Tour duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Normally the tour lasts around 8 hours but sometimes depending on the traffic or weather conditions it might last slightly longer or shorter.
- Liability insurance
- Private transportation
- Soft drinks, coffees, fresh juices are included
- Lunch and local house wine (12 euro per person)
- Entrance fee at Richtis Gorrge (3 euro per person)