If you want a full day trip exploring East Crete, Spinalonga Island, St Nicholas city, Spinalonga Island and visit an olive oil factory where we learn how olive oil is made with old and modern machinery then you have got nothing else to do but joining me for an adventure where I can show you my home island Crete (not Spinalonga ) and make most of our trip.
Spinalonga Island has a very interesting story: back in the beginning of the 20’s century, more specifically 1903, it became a leper colony where people were sent there to be isolated from others until 1957 and it was one of the last active leper colonies in Europe.
What we like most about this tour is that we get to show my travelers a place in my country that has always amazed us, and we can discover together it’s beautiful hidden gems.
We are more than willing to customize the tour on your wishes and needs by adding or skipping different places .
- You get picked up from your hotel or cruise ship.
- Stop on the way for a coffee.
- Visit the monastery of St George in Selinari.
- Visit Elounda Bay and the village of Plaka.
- Get the boat to go to Spinalonga island.
- Visit the fortress and the leprous village.
- Get the boat back to Plaka Village.
- Visit St Nikolaus city and Walk around the salty lake.
- Visit an olive oil factory in Malia.
- Visit the traditional old village of Mochos and enjoy a Cretan traditional lunch.
- Then It’s time to hit the road and get back to our hotel.
Meeting point + Tour duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
This tour usually takes around 8 hours but can be arranged depending on your time.
- Liability insurance
- Private transportation
- Soft drinks, coffees, fresh juices are included
- Entrance fee at Spinalonga leprus village (8 euro per person)
- Return boat tickets to Spinalonga (10 euro per person)
- Lunch and souvenirs