This tour gives you the opportunity to explore the north east Cretan coast . Spinalonga Island has a long history behind it starting from the Venetian rule , the Ottoman rule and then used as a home for a leper colony from 1903-1957 .
If you want a full day trip exploring monasteries and churches, old villages , St Nicholas city and Spinalonga Island and a visit to the oldest and biggest plane tree in Crete then this is for you. We will explore the old villages with narrow streets and old buildings. Then we will have lunch in a local taverna with traditional food and home made wine. This tour allows you to explore the real Crete in your own way .
- You get picked up from your hotel or cruise ship
- Stop on the way for a coffee
- Visit the monastery of St George in Selinari
- Visit Elounda Bay and the village of Plaka
- Get the boat to go to Spinalonga island
- Visit the fortress and the leprus village
- Get the boat back to Plaka Village
- Visit St Nikolaus city and Walk around the salty lake
- Visit the village of Krasi where the oldest Plane tree in Crete is found
- Visit the old village of Mochos, visiting the beautiful churches and then having a Cretan traditional meal with home made wine
- Then It’s time to hit the road and get back to our hotel
I am going to be with you all day long except the time that you are going to enter the Spinalonga fortress and leprus village
- Private Transportation
- Tradition Cretan Lunch with wine and soft drinks at a local taverna .
- Coffee on the first stop
- 10 Euro the boat ticket to Spinalonga island
- 5 Euro entrance fee to the fortress and leprus village
- 10 EUR Souvenirs and extra drinks on the route