This is my favorite tour in Crete because you get to see the real Crete, the monasteries, the old villages, Zeus Cave where the king of all the Greek Gods was born.
His mother gave birth there to hide from his father Kronos. We will see the old traditional windmills and the amazing views from an altitude of around 1000 m above sea level.
Then it’s off to Lasithi plateau, the biggest one in Crete.
Driving through the old villages on the Lasithi plateau you feel that you are traveling back in time, like time stopped long ago.
- Picking you up from your hotel
- Stop on the way for a coffee
- Visit the Monastery of Virgin Mary in Kera
- Visit the picturesque village of Krasi where the oldest Plane tree in Crete is found
- Visit the Lasithi plateau with the old traditional wind mills
- Visit the Zeus Cave where Zeus the king of all the Greek gods was born
- Driving around the plateau through old villages that time seems to have stopped
- Visit the village of Mochos walking around to see the beautiful churches and then enjoying a Cretan traditional lunch
- Visit the fishing village of Sissi , walking around the Palm Bay
It’s time to hit the road and get back to the hotel
I am going to be with you at the whole time from the moment I will pick you up until the moment I will take you back to your hotel except the time that you are going to explore the Zeus Cave.
- Soft drinks and coffee
- Home made wine
- Liability insurance
- Entrance fee to the Zeus Cave 6 euro for adults 3euro for kids older than 8 years old
- Entrance fee at monastery of Virgin Mary in Kera – 2 Euro
- Personal souvenirs