This is my favorite tour in Crete because you get to see the real Crete, the monasteries, the old villages, old wind mills, Lasithi Plateau the biggest one in Crete, Zeus Cave where the king of all the Greek gods was born.
I grow up in a village so I love nature and this tour gives me the opportunity to show you the old villages up on the mountain with amazing views, the cave of Zeus (I hope he will be there this time because last time I was there I couldn’t find him).
I am more than willing to customize this tour on your wishes and needs.
- Picking you up from your hotel.
- Stop on the way for a coffee.
- Visit an olive oil factory.
- Visit the Monastery of Virgin Mary in Kera.
- Visit the picturesque village of Krasi where the oldest Plane tree in Crete is found.
- Visit the Lasithi plateau with the old traditional wind mills.
- Visit the Zeus Cave where Zeus the king of all the Greek gods was born.
- Driving around the plateau through old villages that time seems to have stopped.
- Visit the village of Mochos walking around to see the beautiful churches and then enjoying a Cretan traditional lunch.
- It’s time to hit the road and get back to the hotel.
Meeting point + Tour duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Normally the tour lasts around 8 hours but some times depending on the traffic or weather conditions it might last slightly longer or shorter.
- Cretan traditional lunch and wine included
- Soft drinks, coffees, fresh juices are included