All the main Cretan cities are located on the north side so if you want to get away from the big cities and away from the tourist destinations then exploring South Crete should be your first choice. It combines everything starting from Festos Palace, the biggest in south Crete and the second biggest in Crete, the wineyards , wineries and the valleys with olive groves everywhere. We then go to the Matala Caves used as Roman tombs 2000 years ago and a home for the hippies in the 70s . You will see old traditional villages and churches and stop for lunch with local food and home made wine.
- Pick up from your hotel or another location around Heraklion prefecture
- Stop on the way for a coffee
- Visit the old village of St Thomas
- Visit Festos Palace, the biggest in south Crete
- Matala village, caves and beach
- Visit to an organic winery
- Visit the old traditional village of Archanes with the option of having lunch at the local tavernas
- Time to go back to your hotel or another drop off can be pre-arranged around Heraklion area
I will be with you all day long apart from the time that you are going to visit Festos Palace.
- Private Transportation
- Water and soft drinks
- 8 Euro Festos Palace entrance fee
- 7 Euro 5 different kind of wine tasting
- 22 euro for food and souvenirs
- 3 Euro entrance at the MATALA caves