All the main Cretan cities are located on the north side so if you want to get away from the big cities and away from the tourist destinations then exploring South Crete should be your first choice. It combines everything: old traditional villages, the wineyards, wineries and the valleys with olive groves everywhere.
Matala Caves, another stop in our tour, were used as Roman tombs 2000 years ago and a home for the hippies in the 70s. Isn’t it amazing how they changed? I personally love history and I enjoy sharing it with you!
Visiting a biological winery for local wine tasting it’s a must if you are a wine lover. In this family-run biological winery, which is located at 340 meters above the sea level, you will have the chance of tasting 5 different kinds of local wine. Biological wine is of course made without any chemicals and added sulfates, but let’s learn more about this and local traditions during the tour
I am open to customize the tour on your wishes and needs by adding or skipping different place.
- Pick up from your hotel or another location around Heraklion prefecture.
- Stop on the way for a coffee.
- Visit the old village of St Thomas.
- Matala village, caves and beach.
- Visit to an organic winery in Archanes area.
- Visit the old traditional village of Archanes with the option of having lunch at the local tavernas.
- Time to go back to your hotel or another drop off can be pre-arranged around Heraklion area.
Meeting point + Tour duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 8 hours
The tour usually takes around 8 hours. But can be arranged a shorter or longer variant.
- Soft drinks, coffees, fresh juices are included